Hey, ladies! We understand it’s not easy when it comes to dressing up during pregnancy.
We asked 3 expecting mommies about their fashion challenges and here’s what they had to say:Aki (7 months): “It’s not easy to find maternity clothes that are my style”.Natalie (9 months): “There are not many options for maternity clothes that are stylish and my size.”Angeline (7 months): “I find it difficult to find stylish clothing for maternity while maintaining comfort, plus, the price is also another concern.”
Fret not! Here are some useful styles you can go for without sacrificing comfort and paying a whole lot of $$$! (So you can save for when the baby arrives ;) ) Scroll down to look your best no matter how many months you’re in.
1. Lace It Up!
For days when you want to show off that baby bump of yours, go for lace lines or stripes. This dress is just right, and comes in black and white.
SHOP HERE: Vera Lace Overlay Shift Dress in Black
2. Show A Little Shoulder
Feeling a little playful? Cold shoulder details help to put a little fun personality into your outfit.
SHOP HERE: Leanne Cold Shoulder Dress in White
3. Pretty pleats!
Looking for a dress with more details? These magical pleats will do the trick!
SHOP HERE: Rhonda Pleated Hem Shift Dress in White
4. Twinning With Your Mama Bestie? Yesss!
Glam up! Twin with your mama bestie in playful, fun colours to embrace your beautiful baby bumps! Vibrant shades will help to brighten your day or night out.
SHOP HERE: Lena Off-Shoulder Bridal Gown in Pink
5. Dark Knight
Our own knight in shining armour! Choose a darker shade for an easily stylish look, with a bonus slimming effect!
SHOP HERE: Addie Oversized T-Shirt Dress in Black
6. White Out
To pull off an effortless yet sweet look, choose dresses with light mellow colours and minimal details.
SHOP HERE: Oluf Shift Dress in Off-white
Structured shirt dresses give off a sophisticated look to your style. Plus, buttons come in handy for breastfeeding in the future too!
8. Bring out the youthful side
This football jersey dress is sure to make you look like a soccer momma, while its colour combination brings out a fun, cheerful vibe.
9. Lounge In Days
For days that you just want to snuggle up and snooze in at home with your comfiest outfit.
SHOP HERE: Kandice Long-sleeved Top in Burgundy
After trying on the Maternity collection, these were their favorites!
We hope these tips were helpful to you mommies! Remember, you can rock anything you wear when worn with confidence!
The Maternity Collection is available online and in all stores now. Try them out! If you aren’t in love with it, you can always return it ;)
Few things are more beautiful than a pregnant woman carrying her baby bump. However, most women tend to keep their growing baby bump a secret in the first trimester but upon entering the second, it no longer becomes a secret that they can hide. Clothes that you use to wear daily don’t fit anymore as waistbands becomes tighter and zippers wouldn’t budge.
“There is nothing to wear!” a sentence that echoes through your thoughts as dressing every day suddenly becomes an obstacle with unwanted stress. Don’t fall victim to the unflattering, boring maternity dress and don’t give up your personal style just to adapt to your growing baby bump.
So many of you enjoyed our first Baby Bump Lookbook, and we had so much fun putting it together, that we decided we needed to do a second one! We picked a few pieces from our current collections to inspire all you expectant mothers out there. Modelled by the lovely Huey Ling who is 33 weeks pregnant, here are our maternity style suggestions - with the added advantage of wearing each piece post pregnancy!
1) The classic fit-and-flare silhouette of the Diaronne Dress has an empire waistline that sits on the top of the baby bump, leaving space for your baby bump to grow comfortably.
2) For mothers who embrace colour, the Laszlo Dress with pastel graphics is a more colourful option to decorate your baby bump.
3) Drawstrings are a lifesaver when it comes to creating shape for those who are weary of shift silhouettes. Emphasize your beautiful baby bump with the Leda Dress. Made from a comfortable, stretch material allowing your baby bump to grow with ease from the first trimester into the third trimester.
Huey Ling wears the Leda Dress from Sher by Twenty3 (size M).
4) Have a dinner party or a wedding reception to wear but nothing that fits the smart-casual or formal theme? This romper is the go-to for such events as it portrays elegance and class. A drawstring and metal belt is provided to emphasize the waistline post-pregnancy.
Huey Ling wears the Chelsea Romper (size L) that is launching soon, and the Hakken Heels.
5) Exude a sport-luxe vibe with the Xonique Dress, whilst keeping warm in cool air-conditioned places with the reversible Kiefer Jacket.
Huey Ling wears the Xonique Dress from Sher by Twenty3 (size L) and the reversible Kiefer Jacket from Sher by Twenty3 (size L).
6) Graphic prints and the shift silhouette adds a splash of cheer to your baby bump.
Huey Ling wearing the Andie Dress (Size L).
Go on, then, rock that bump in style!
Few things are as lyrically powerful as an expectant mother. Pregnant women are a life-bearing force of nature. However as the growing bump peeks out through button-down shirts and slides across the waistline of your skirt through passing weeks, it no longer becomes a secret from the first trimester. Facing the closet every morning for something to wear suddenly becomes a challenge, moods would shift from confusion to terror; I have nothing to wear!
Pregnancy does not mean abandoning your personal style in order to adapt to your growing bump. You don’t have to fall victim to the dreaded maternity dress. It just requires a little imagination and a whole lot of confidence to dress that bump, whether you’re carrying high or low, small or big.
Here are some inspirations to help you get over the hurdle of dressing through your pregnancy through these casual-chic looks accompanied with comfort and style:
1. Stretchy fabrics that flow over your belly, hips and thighs provide a silhouette that shows off your shape, such as the Ovidio Dress and the Shelbie Dress. The dresses accentuate the beauty of your bump without making you look larger.
4. Statement pieces help draw the eye to your bump, and portrays an air of confidence. The Marcella Dress adds an edge to your bump for subtle strength.
Reesa, 5 months pregnant, wearing the Marcella Dress, size L.
5. The Dexie Dress and the Penelope Dress have an empire waistline, allowing your baby bump to grow from your first trimester into your third trimester with the advantage of being able to wear the dresses post-pregnancy. The longer length of the Penelope Dress will help you through the months when your baby bump grows larger and your skirt gets shorter.
Reesa (left), 5 months pregnant wearing the Penelope Dress in Grey, size M; Sherlyn (center) wearing the Zelia Top in Black, the Ibbie Culottes in Black; Pei Woon (right), 8 months pregnant wearing the Dexie Dress in Black, Size S.