Few things are more beautiful than a pregnant woman carrying her baby bump. However, most women tend to keep their growing baby bump a secret in the first trimester but upon entering the second, it no longer becomes a secret that they can hide. Clothes that you use to wear daily don’t fit anymore as waistbands becomes tighter and zippers wouldn’t budge.
“There is nothing to wear!” a sentence that echoes through your thoughts as dressing every day suddenly becomes an obstacle with unwanted stress. Don’t fall victim to the unflattering, boring maternity dress and don’t give up your personal style just to adapt to your growing baby bump.
So many of you enjoyed our first Baby Bump Lookbook, and we had so much fun putting it together, that we decided we needed to do a second one! We picked a few pieces from our current collections to inspire all you expectant mothers out there. Modelled by the lovely Huey Ling who is 33 weeks pregnant, here are our maternity style suggestions - with the added advantage of wearing each piece post pregnancy!
1) The classic fit-and-flare silhouette of the Diaronne Dress has an empire waistline that sits on the top of the baby bump, leaving space for your baby bump to grow comfortably.
2) For mothers who embrace colour, the Laszlo Dress with pastel graphics is a more colourful option to decorate your baby bump.
3) Drawstrings are a lifesaver when it comes to creating shape for those who are weary of shift silhouettes. Emphasize your beautiful baby bump with the Leda Dress. Made from a comfortable, stretch material allowing your baby bump to grow with ease from the first trimester into the third trimester.
Huey Ling wears the Leda Dress from Sher by Twenty3 (size M).
4) Have a dinner party or a wedding reception to wear but nothing that fits the smart-casual or formal theme? This romper is the go-to for such events as it portrays elegance and class. A drawstring and metal belt is provided to emphasize the waistline post-pregnancy.
Huey Ling wears the Chelsea Romper (size L) that is launching soon, and the Hakken Heels.
5) Exude a sport-luxe vibe with the Xonique Dress, whilst keeping warm in cool air-conditioned places with the reversible Kiefer Jacket.
Huey Ling wears the Xonique Dress from Sher by Twenty3 (size L) and the reversible Kiefer Jacket from Sher by Twenty3 (size L).
6) Graphic prints and the shift silhouette adds a splash of cheer to your baby bump.
Huey Ling wearing the Andie Dress (Size L).
Go on, then, rock that bump in style!