With International Women's Day coming up next week, Tea by Twenty3 wants to celebrate you --- and wants YOU to celebrate you. But we know it's not easy for anyone. Take the women on our #WonderWomenWednesday series --- they're unquestionably champions, but they've struggled with self-doubt, low self-esteem, and lots of other pesky negative self-things.
So how do you make yourself feel like the superwoman that you are? We have some ideas.
1. Be okay with your off-days. There are no two ways about it: there will be bad days, whether they happen in your job, your workouts, your love life, or even your ability to be a nice person. They're so much a part of everyone's life that we think someone should add "off-days" to that saying about nothing being certain except death and taxes.
So we hope you'll be kind to yourself on your off-days. Remind yourself that if you didn't have any of them you'd be an alien, and that even an off-day can be progress. A day in your weightlifting routine where you can't seem to get your form right, for example, is still better than not working out at all.Tea by Twenty3 #Boom T-Shirt
2. Never forget --- you don't truly know what goes through anyone's head but your own. People's lives often look amazing on social media, in the family Christmas card, or when you run into them hanging out with their friends at a trendy coffeehouse. But there's a high chance that there's a lot you aren't seeing. No one's thoughts are eternally sparkles and gold dust --- we all have dark places in our minds. Because most of us (understandably) don't wave our worst thoughts on a banner for the entire world to see, it's easy to feel alone, weird, or like a loser when you're down. Remember that someone else probably feels the same way.TEA by Twenty3 #EveryGirlsDream T-Shirt
3. Surround yourself with people who recognize that you're a human being. If you have people in your life who appreciate that you're a complex, flawed person, and who love and encourage you anyway, hold them tight and don't let go. It's totally fine for your friends and family not to agree with everything about you, as long as they give you constructive, respectful criticism and allow you to make self-improvement choices on your own terms. Find people who gently and lovingly push you to be better --- and who lift you up on those days when you're struggling to be even mildly okay with a single thing about yourself.TEA by Twenty3 #LiveLoveLift T-Shirt
4. Keep a gratitude journal -- with a twist. Gratitude journals have become a tremendously popular practice for helping people through challenging situations (remember the 100 Days of Gratitude social media challenge?). We want you to do something a bit different: a gratitude journal of personal victories. Write about how you made a delicious triple-layer passionfruit cake with your sister --- or about how you tried to make a delicious triple-layer passionfruit cake with your sister, completely messed it up, but had a fun afternoon with your sister anyway. Write about how you loved your outfit, mastered the cat eye, wore a t-shirt that made you laugh. The small victories count.TEA by Twenty3 Pocket Notebooks
5. Look in the mirror when you start your day. Smile at yourself and think about the cool things the person looking back at you is going to do today. Say out loud (and share with us, if you like!) how you're working on loving yourself. If you don't know where to start, here are some suggestions:
I'm working on my ____
I love my ____
I'm pumped about my ____
I'm thinking about my ____
I'm improving my ____
I'm working out my ____TEA by Twenty3 #EatClean T-Shirt
Repeat steps 1-5 every day. Have fun feeling like an empress!
Tea by Twenty3 is the work of Twenty3's creative design team - a group of local graphic designers who want to put their solid sense of fit, form, and function into the world via comfortable, stylish everyday wear.
Twenty3 has always sought to remind women that it's okay to chase your boldest dreams. But we know that chasing your dreams can be really, really hard. In an era where beautiful, sparkling, successful examples of others who are everything we want to be are just a few clicks away, falling prey to our own fears about not being good enough, smart enough, rich enough, or even "lucky" enough can hold us back.
With Tea by Twenty3: You are Enough collection, we want to ask our girls to take a good look in the mirror.
Tea by Twenty3 #LiveLoveLift
We spend so much time looking at other people's lives. With Facebook, People magazine, the Forbes 30 Under 30 list, high school reunions, it's easy to see what (amazing, impressive, better-than-you thing) everyone else is up to.
Tea by Twenty3 #Boom
But Tea by Twenty3: You are Enough, wants to celebrate you --- and wants YOU to celebrate you. We'd love to see our girls focusing on their own goals, hobbies, and ideals, no matter what they are. It's hard, but we honestly think anyone who even tries to ignore all the noise of everyone else is an absolute superhero!
Tea by Twenty3 #EatClean
So here's our challenge: look at yourself, unashamedly. In the mirror and outside of it. Stop scrolling through picture-perfect Instagram feeds and wishing you were in them. Get to know your own hopes and dreams, strengths and imperfections. Like what you like, do what you do, and own the hell out of all of it.